Why become a mentor?
Mentoring exposes the mentor to new ideas and opportunities to develop their own communication
and leadership skills. No doubt you will also be recognized for your grave personal efforts in the positive development of youth. Ultimately, as a Canadian Arab professional, will be influencing the lives of young Canadian Arabs strengthening the future of the Canadian Arab community.
To participate in the program as a mentor:
- You must be a Canadian Arab professional in any given field with 6+ years of experience
- Able to commit 16 to 20 hours within a period of 4 months
- Willing to share knowledge, skills and expertise
- Required to arrange for a non-Arab mentor within your network to provide 4 to 6 hours to your matched mentee
- Willing to inspire and capable of motivating others
- You are empathetic and value the opinion of others
- Able to attend a few workshops and networking sessions whenever possible
- Share CAI’s vision for an empowered and engaged community in an inclusive and respectful society